Friday 19 May 2017

Unit 11 - Understanding the Print-Based Media Industries - Assignment 4

Different Job roles in the Print Based Media

A Publisher

The publisher has the job role of making sure that the full magazine or newspaper is laid out in the right way, including the information inside to make sure this is appropriate for the sharing to the public. The publisher is within the main responsibility of all of the content throughout the final product. The publishers are sent the final copy of the newspaper in order to read over and make sure that this is correct in order t distribute to the public. 





Researcher 

The job role of the research is there to make sure the research has been carried out on the stories and the news reports to make sure the writers have the right information to follow on the story making on the reports. The researcher is there to gain information into the case of the reported news, in order to save the writer time when finding this information. The information will include the researching of the location of the incident, the background and history of the people involved within the case and the crime, and also the supporting research, which could have been found along the way. The job role of the researcher is the key part of the magazines and newspapers production, as they are the key of source of the research information inputted within a story. This is the role, which is used to find the information to the background of the story and the structure.



Journalist

The journalist is the job role within the publishing industry, which plays an important role of the making of a newspaper; this is the most important factor within the industry. The journalist is someone who finds out the news in order for this to be written up or broadcaster by newspapers, magazines and also to be shown on TV. The journalist is there to find out the information about news, which has broken out within the world and the country, no matter what size of the company or the newspaper. This is the role of which the journalist prepares the information, which is going to be shown, written and broadcaster to the public. Without this role, newspapers and magazine would not exist due to the lack of information gathered. 



Copywriter

The job role of a copywriter is someone who is working within the publishing company, who is charge of the writing of the advertisements for anything, which needs to be promoted. This role includes the use of persuasive writing, which is put into an advertisement in order to gain the right attention onto a service or a product from the public. This is seen as a good skill as the use of words and writing is used in order to become persuasive towards a member of the public, via reading the advertisement and promotion itself.





My Career Path witnin the Print Based Media

My chosen career path in the future would be the job role of journalism within the print based media. Within the role of a journalist I wish to research in order to contribute with stories and information to input within successful newspapers and magazines, whether this be gossip information or new reporting articles. In this role it contains the work of researching, writing, editing, proofreading, article writing, features and also filing news stories, these are all the job roles within the print based media which goes into the running and working of a print based media journalist, as this helps with the making of newspapers and magazines. These are range of job roles which I would need to undertake within the development of pursuing my journalise career in the future.

Skills Gaps

In order to become a good journalist, you must have the right skills in order to do this as this is something, which must not be complicated due to the lack of skill in order to work as a successful journalist. A journalists role is to write and compose stories within the capturing of news stories, in order to do this a journalist must be good a writing. As I have completed my GCSE’s within both English Language and English Literature, I gain to have a broad mind on both writing and reading, this is a big advantage as this will help within my journey within the journalist field and to become one. However in order to achieve this skill to the max, I think reading and training within a degree in journalism and English is something I should pursue in order to gain the skills in order to fill in the gaps on my lack of development. For this I will achieve the best training in order to become a good journalist. Something, which also would be beneficial, would be to mirror and work along side a journalist within a newspaper firm in order to see what is needed of me when training and working as a journalist.

My CV 

Morgan Jays

87 Regents Close, Repton Park
Manor Road,
Loughton
Essex
IG8 8GU

Mobile – 07530298760


Qualifications

8 GCSE’s including English Language, English Literature and Mathematics. Within this I have had a lot of experience when writing and reading and found this easy to complete due to my passion for it.

About Myself

I am 18 years old, currently completing my A-Levels in my final year of sixth form.  I am going to be completing a University degree in journalism, where as by this I wish to become a news reporter and print based media journalist when I am older. Within Secondary school, I was in the journalism committee and I worked for the school newspaper each, in order to help and conduct good winning articles, by doing this increased my passion for this and encouraged me to become a journalist. This also had a role with me gaining the right images for the newspaper articles themselves. I gained a lot of skill from this, within the maintaining the working up to a good clear standard yet also when I reached important deadlines where the work was in for, by doing this helped gain a feeling for the world of journalism and why I wanted to pursue this greatly.


Job Applications /  Letters



This is a realistic application of a job advert which is applicable to me to apply for. This is an apprenticeship for my chosen career path within the field of journalism, this is more of a broad field of journalism however this will help me to gain my skills and degree in order to make sure i have a chance to engage nd work within a big print based media firm in the future, due to the skills which I would have gained. 

News (Journalist Intern Job). 

Job Advetisement

Mandy Jenkins - Head of News at Storyful


This is an intern job role which is for the Storyful London company, this role is a training role that is applicable for me due to my position and qualifications which i currently have. This is an good job as this is a journalist job within a general area not just within the print based media companies, by doing this enables me to gain a journalist approach from more than just a newspaper point of view. 


Application Letter 

 Dear Mandy Jenkins,

I am writing on behalf of your job internship advertisement which I saw online, I am personally going to be completing my degree within the field of journalism and I want to make sure I have the write training and experience to enable me to work within the field of newspaper journalism. However I feel that your job role is perfect for someone like myself, in order to make sure that I cover a more general wide range of journalism before I step into the eye of the press and magazines journalism. Your company is very successful, which is something that captures my interest into this job role more as an internship is something, which would benefit me greatly, yet also your company due to my training and education into this field.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Yours Sincerely,

Morgan Jays



Journalism and Communication Internship

Job Advertisement

This is a job role within the fashion company of, 'Fashion United', within this, this would be the role of journalism within the news of fashion for their magazines in order to distribute in order to make sure that the newsies spread about the latest fashion. This is an internship which is there to help explore and expand the understanding of the working within the journalist field within the print based media for both newspapers and magazines. 

Application Letter 

 Dear Fashion United Careers,

I am a driven person who is very close to finishing my journalism career, therefore an internship to help me develop my experience within this field would be of the best benefit I could have, due to this helping me to work in a print based journalism environment in order to see what concept are taken into consideration when working in the world of journalism. This role has captured my awareness and attention as I fit your asking criteria which you have in order to make sure I have the ability to fit in with the working environment of the fashion world yet also along side of the role of journalism. I have a fashion eye due to being a female with an interest in this, therefore this is the perfect role for me to complete.

Hope to hear from you soon, 

Yours Sincerely,

Morgan Jays

Job Advertisement




Application Letter 

To whom this may concern, 

I am writting to your company due to my interest in the journalism job for the magazines of "UK Property and Investment Weekly". I have a strong interest within the field of writing due to my learning of this within university where I have studied to a good level in order to work within a newspaper company. As this is about property, I also have an interest in this, which would increase my potential into being attracted to this job. 

Hope to hear from you soon,

Yours Sincerly, 

Morgan Jays

Job and Business Contacts

Storyful 

Number -  +35315370300

Email - join@storyful.com 

Fashion United

Number - + 44 208 1336 766 

Email - media@fashionunited.com

Fax - +31 847565584

Address - Hogehilweg 8
                1101CC Amsterdam

The Sun

Number - 020 7782 4100

Email - exclusive@the-sun.co.uk

Text - 07423 720 250

The Independent 

Number - 0207005 2000

Email - news desk@independent.co.uk

OK

Number - +44 208 612 7903

Email -  emma.radford@ok.co.uk

Daily Express

Addresss - Express Newspapers, 
                 10 Lower Thames Street
                 London, EC3R 6EN
Email -   letters@express.co.uk 





1 comment: